Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Beating The Heat. Sorta.

I have to get up early if I want to run outside.


Like super early. And in case you can't tell....I was TIRED.




Ugh. We weren't even working on a sunrise yet. 5:25 a.m. to be exact.



And looky here. Still 80 degrees. What did I do to deserve this insufferable heat?

4.15 miles later and the sky was looking like this.



Not a bad way to start your morning once you wake up shake the kinks out.


And a post run skinny vanilla blended latte with chocolate protein powder
makes it that much better.

6 comments:

  1. That is unbelievably early! and SO hot! Great run and beautiful sunrise pic. Jealous of the latte :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome sunrise!! I hate summer running!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunrises are so awesome. But boy, is that a hot morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you....it's so hard to get up early and run but it's essential to beat the heat here in Illinois. Just think of how great you feel after you're done and you know you already have a workout out of the way so you can face the day!

    By the way, your blog has really inspired me so I nominated you for an award on my blog:

    http://soskinnyontheinside.blogspot.com/2010/08/sweet-award.html

    Look forward to reading more from you!
    ~Tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I found you by blog hopping around. I'm just one month into my weightloss journey and gearing up to start the C25K program. The thought of completing it is wwaaay out of my comfort zone, so I'm just going to concentrate on the first week. One week (day) at a time, right?
    Anyway, I've joined your list of followers and can't wait to read more about your running. Feel free to stop by my place and say hello:
    http://healthyfor100.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree its hard to beat the heat even in the wee hours of the morning. What's the deal with that? Think of how much you have accomplished by the time the sun rises!!

    ReplyDelete