Sunday, January 11, 2015

#8WTF Days 10 & 11

Whoops! I was so darn tired I totally forgot to post last night.

Yesterday's eats went like this:

Breakfast- prosciutto and egg muffins
Lunch- roast & veggies
Snack- Larabar and banana
Dinner- shrimp and asparagus


Today's grub:

Breakfast- bacon, eggs, leftover salmon with spicy mayo
Lunch- more leftover salmon with spicy mayo
Dinner- Hot wings and sweet potato fries with spicy mayo

Hmm...lots of spicy mayo, very little veggies. I'll have to fix that tomorrow.

I've reached my water goal for the day but didn't get my oils in or my ginger shot.



I know most of you aren't doing the Whole30 but I thought I would write a little bit about how I go about it. Almost everyone will tell you to prep, prep, prep! Take Sunday or whatever and cook up a storm, slice up all your veggies, pack lunches. Some easy things to prep are frittatas, chicken thighs, seasoned ground beef, chicken legs, chili, paleo mayo, and deviled eggs. These are regular go to things for our family. But honestly I don't do a whole lot of prep. I am home all day most days of the week so I have plenty of time to cook our three meals. I just make sure and cook more than we need so there are lots of leftovers for those hungry people who wander in the kitchen and stare into the fridge as if it holds the answers to all life's questions. Since my husband is participating in this Whole30, I make extra sure these leftovers are available.

Let's take a look into my Whole30 fridge. Mind you I just went shopping today so its pretty packed. And of course you will see a lot of non-Whole30 food and a lot of non-Paleo food. My kids still have to eat. They mostly eat what we eat but there are times in between meals or when I'm not hungry myself and don't want to cook, but they still want to eat. Just overlook those items. I'm sure I've missed a few things but what I've listed is my most often used items.







No comments:

Post a Comment