Thursday, July 15, 2010

Overnight Oats Take Two

I've been salivating over Angela's Vegan Overnight Oats creations for a while now. About a month ago I gave it a whirl using her basic VOO recipe, minus the almond milk (I used skim thus making them not vegan), chia seeds, and banana (I was out). I added in Nesquick powder for some chocolate and hoped for the best.

YUCK! My overnight oats were disgusting.

Fast forward to yesterday....

I had added chia seeds to my arsenal of healthy eats, remembered to buy bananas, and was prepared to give it another go. All the pics on her blog looked so appetizing, and she was always raving about how amazing they tasted. I assembled the oats (again adding Nesquick) and tucked them away in the fridge. I put a banana in the freezer along with some cherries so I could make the must have banana soft serve to go with the overnight oats.

This morning I devoured this insanely tasty concoction....


As close as I could come to Angela's Cherry Chocolate Bomb VOO.

I added the whipped cream because hello! it was only 15 calories for 2tbsp. This parfait was seriously the BOMB! Now that I know these are delicious when made correctly I will be doing it again as often as I can during the summer. Oats are so healthy for you and super stick to the ribs kind of food. I was full all morning long from this baby!

I encourage you to check out Angela's site and her extensive list of vegan and non-vegan recipes.

And try the Overnight Oats. Its a super simple breakfast and the banana soft serve makes a great dessert alternative to ice cream. I can't wait to try it with peanut butter!

1 comment:

  1. Hurray!

    OSG is the inspiration bomb. I'm going to try her burgers this weekend.

    ReplyDelete