Wednesday, January 7, 2015

#8WTF Day 7 & Mediterranean Roast Chicken & Weekly Check-In

Last night's dinner was one of my own recipes. Mediterranean Roasted Chicken. So good, and the leftovers are just as bomb.




Ingredients:
4 bone in split chicken breast
1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp. capers
3 canned artichoke hearts chopped
1 tbsp. garlic
2 tbsp. sundried tomatoes
1 tbsp dried basil or a 1/4 c. fresh basil thinly sliced

Early in the day, marinate the chicken breast in the balsamic vinegar.

Preheat oven to 375 or preheat grill.

Mix all other ingredients together. Pull back skin on chicken breasts and stuff in the mixture. Place in roasting dish and bake for 45 min to 1 hour or until juices run clear. If grilling start with skin side down to sear and seal in stuffing mixture. Continue to flip back and forth until done.




Today was rest day. A much appreciated rest day. I literally stayed in my pj's all day long. I got my water in, although it was tougher than normal with no exercise to increase my thirst. Also had my oil infused water, but didn't have a ginger shot. Whole30 still going strong. Todays eats were:

Breakfast- eggs, bacon, sweet potato hash
Lunch- leftover Mediterranean Roast Chicken and veggies with a quarter sweet potato
Snack- half and avocado wrapped in turkey
Dinner- Paleo Lobster Bisque

For dinner tonight I found a recipe to use up some of the lobster tails I have stored in the fridge. This Paleo Lobster Bisque from Cavegirl Cuisine turned out very good.



At the end of Week 1, I kept to my goals, but I'm feeling very tired today.

Let me know how your week has gone. What small daily steps have you done to reach your goals? Any obstacles get in your way?


No comments:

Post a Comment