Saturday, July 3, 2010

Restaurant Review and New High Mileage

So as I said, I was on the road yesterday and this time I actually made time to eat at a restaurant as opposed to a drive thru. I was also meeting a friend and we really wanted to eat at Marketplace Grill with all its super yummy and decent variety of healthful options. Unfortunately they don't serve alcohol.



I know, I know. You don't have to have a lunchtime drink. But we do. Have you read the headband? Also, I live in a dry county so when I'm in a wet county, I drink.


Since Marketplace was nixed we decided upon Cheddars. Neither of us had been there but a few people had said it was good. I tried to ignore all the name implied and hoped for a salad. Well they had salads but every single one contained some high fat, high calorie, or high carb ingredient. I ended up with a fried chicken salad. Easy cheese and salsa instead of dressing. I had not eaten fried chicken in ages and yesterday was a high calorie day on the calorie cycle.


Honestly, it just wasn't very good. And I hate it when restaurants just throw three huge chicken strips on top of the salad. Would it kill them to slice it up for you? Have you tried cutting your chicken on top of all that loose lettuce? Food always flies off my plate when I do that.


The salad itself wasn't horribly high calorie, despite the fried chicken. But I totally made up for it with the drink. That was the one redeeming quality at Cheddars. The Texas Tea was awesome! Sweet tea, lemonade, amaretto, and vodka. Maybe something else but I don't know. They even had a disclaimer of limit two per customer. I only had one and it did a good job of improving my mood.


My friend ordered the tilapia with mango salsa. She said hers was okay, but the mango salsa left a lot to be desired. We both make mango salsa at home and this was a poor imitation. She agreed with me that the food just wasn't that great.


I won't be going back to Cheddars. Just saying.


Yesterday I only got in 1.7 miles. Pathetic! I ran out of time. I had to make a mad dash to the shower and an even madder dash to get all three kids clothed and loaded and on the road. I felt guilty about my abbreviated run but totally made up for it today.

Fat Girl bright and early. It was ten before six. I was waiting on my running buddy and when I opened my door to get out and get ready I noticed I had company.




This guy or gal, is definitely the ringleader. Always the first to approach a human. Dude came within a foot of me this morning. All I had on me was sports beans and a oats and dark chocolate crunchy granola bar. Neither of which I was sharing with a flock of ducks.

My buddy, Phyllis arrived right about the time I was chasing the ducks out of the way of an elderly lady pulling in who may or may not have seen the ducks.

We had an amazing run! I felt awesome. I got an annoying side stitch that never really went full blown. It left after a mile or so. We got in 5.6 miles in 52 minutes. New long distance for me!

I can't wait to do it again next Saturday.

What did you do today?

3 comments:

  1. I love that we're so similar in our physical stats and training. I'm not sure how tall you are, but I'm holding at 136 lbs and I'm doing 5 mile long runs - steadily increasing!

    Many other running blogs (that I love) feature runner who are several years, and miles, ahead of where I am. Its refreshing to read a blog of someone on my level!

    That Texas tea sounds amazing. Definitely going to try that out tomorrow! Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ring leader would be a woman, are you at all surprised by that. Great job on your run by the way that is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! You have ducks to deal with too! It's nice to know I'm not alone.

    Also FYI: You won my blog contest. Here's the link http://www.runfastmommy.com/2010/07/big-roadid-winner-is.html Congrats! Send me an email at runfastmommy@gmail.com and I'll send you the details :-)

    ReplyDelete